The global distributed antenna systems market size is expected to reach USD 13.78 billion by 2025, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period. Key factors driving the demand for Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) include proliferation of connected devices in Internet of Things (IoT), mobile data traffic, and demand for extended network coverage and constant connectivity. Additionally, an increase in higher-bandwidth applications and in-building demand is also supporting the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The hybrid DAS segment is expected to expand at a CAGR exceeding 14.0% over the forecast period. This system is an ideal fit for medium-sized spaces or areas with weak signals. It is cost-effective, easily expandable, and provides increased efficiency and broader coverage
- The neutral-host ownership segment captured over 48.0% of the overall market share in 2018. This segment is projected to witness the highest growth on account of a large user base, third-party ownership, and a number of players providing a range of solutions
- The public venues and safety segment is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing segment over the forecast period attributed to the high adoption of DAS solution in areas such as entertainment venues, sports stadiums, and shopping malls
- North America accounted for over 30.0% of the market share in 2018. Meanwhile, Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR owing to the increasing sales of handheld devices and smartphones in China and India coupled with rising infrastructural growth
- Key players in the DAS market include CommScope Inc.; Corning Inc.; Crown Castle International Corporation; and Boingo Wireless Inc., among others. These companies are engaging in collaborations with construction companies to sustain the competition.
Read 82 page research report with TOC on ‘Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Hybrid, Active), By Ownership (Neutral-host, Carrier), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025‘ at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/distributed-antenna-systems-das-market
Increasing use of wireless data has been accompanied by the development of newer and faster mobile networks, such as 4G and 5G. These networks have become affordable due to their wide usage and availability of smartphones at affordable prices. Moreover, since the switching cost from one service provider to another is low, mobile network operators have to be extra cautious of the penetration and quality of their network. Increased emphasis on improving network performance has propelled service providers to opt for solutions such as DAS, to ensure round the clock availability of their network, thereby driving market growth.
However, the high cost of manufacturing along with the complex installation process of the system is expected to hamper the market growth. Cellular network providers are working on extending their network coverage and bandwidth to take into account the substantial costs involved in the development of a DAS system, which may be attributed to the high cost of consultation, planning and implementation along with the high product price itself.
Grand View Research has segmented the global distributed antenna systems market based on technology, ownership, application, and region:
- Distributed Antenna Systems Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Active DAS
- Hybrid DAS
- Passive DAS
- Distributed Antenna Systems Ownership Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Carrier Ownership
- Neutral-Host Ownership
- Enterprise Ownership
- Distributed Antenna Systems Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Public Venues & Safety
- Airports & Transportation
- Education Sector & Corporate Offices
- Distributed Antenna Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Waste Derived Biogas Market – Waste derived biogas market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to rising environmental awareness and price instability & supply anxieties associated with the use of fossil fuels.
- Private Cloud Server Market – The Global private cloud server industry is expected to grow over the next eight years at a significant rate owing to increasing investments for the technological advancements.
- Data Capture Hardware In Retail Market – The Global data capture hardware in the retail market is expected to experience brisk growth owing to a rapid increase in consumer goods demand over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SAN FRANCISCO, January 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ —